Bellingen Bee Sanctuary is all about getting involved and playing your part in protecting our wonderful, busy bees.
Here’s how Bellingen Bee Sanctuary works.
1. Sign up on our website to let us know that you’re going to make your place part of Bellingen Bee Sanctuary. At this stage, membership is only open to Bellingen Shire residents. Membership costs AU$10 and includes your Bee Sanctuary sign.
Once you’ve paid, you will receive a confirmation email, which you can either print, or show on your phone (or other electronic device), to our nursery staff.
2. Pickup your Bee Sanctuary sign from the nursery at Kombu (Church St, Bellingen) to put up on your fence to let others know that you are part of the project.
3. Refer to Bufo’s Bee Friendly Plant List for plants which bees love. Plant as many of these as you can. Drop into the Northbank Community Garden nursery for bee friendly plants you can purchase and grow.
4. Refer to the Chemical Alternatives page for alternatives to chemical sprays.
5. Once you have some bee friendly plants and understand the spray alternatives, proudly display your Bellingen Bee Sanctuary sign.
Thank-you for being part of Bellingen Bee Sanctuary!